bug: camera keeps rotating and menus scrolling

Please report all bugs, glitches and crashes you experience here. Feedback is for the feedback topic.
We're working hard to make this forum obsolete :)

bug: camera keeps rotating and menus scrolling

Postby _russ » 21 Aug 2015, 21:06

sorry i am not posting in the bug subforum, but there are only "alpha" and "beta" subforums and i guess the game is already released.

i have this weird bug, where right at the start of the game the menu options keep cycling like every 0.5 seconds and i have to hit enter at just the right time. then when i get into the game, my character keeps looking up and to the left, as if i had some left+up key stuck. but i don't

i don't have any joystick installed and have never experienced these abnormalities in any other application. could you please help?

edit: i have found that someone had a very similar problem here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5586. however, to me it happens every time i just start the game
_russ

Re: bug: camera keeps rotating and menus scrolling

Postby Damir Popovic » 22 Aug 2015, 08:24

Hey, are you by any chance using a racing wheel?
If so, try unplugging it. We'll take a look at this issue more closely.
Damir Popovic
Dev Team

Postby _russ » 22 Aug 2015, 13:32

thank you very much for reply. i have identified the issue. i had no controllers plugged in, but i went into control panel and tried to remove every extra human interface devices. there probably was some joystick installed but was not plugged in

the whole problem is because of the x-box controller support. i have googled around the net and people notoriously have this problem with many other games that automatically listen to x-box controller support. it seems that if the driver is installed and all the joysticks unplugged, it will keep on sending some button input

the best solution for the void i think would be to make the x-box controller inputs to be turned off by default and have an option to turn the controller on. or at least have an option in the options to turn off the xbox controller completely

someone reported the same bug on the steam forums
http://steamcommunity.com/app/290490/di ... 356682019/
_russ

Postby Damir Popovic » 22 Aug 2015, 16:35

Thanks for your update, this will help us solve the problem for in the future.
Damir Popovic
Dev Team

Return to Bug Reports