Getting launched into the air.

Please report all bugs, glitches and crashes you experience here. Feedback is for the feedback topic.
We're working hard to make this forum obsolete :)

Getting launched into the air.

Postby Rahlekk » 24 Aug 2015, 08:10

So here's what happened.

I was stalking the Carrier, and I made a decoy. When I stood too long on the decoy, it launched me really high into the air and I was able to land and kill the Carrier from above.

I've been able to duplicate it a couple of times, but not every time. Seems like when you stand on the decoy sometimes, it throws you off of it.
Rahlekk

Re: Getting launched into the air.

Postby Jabokoe » 26 Aug 2015, 18:05

Same glitch with the decoy.

Also in the Slums I can more often than not bump into the bottom of small ridges along high walls while spamming jump and sprint to get launched above the map. After that I can jump between quite a few towers and just drop back down into fray.
The Flock - launched above slums map glitch 1.jpg
Flyin' High thru da sky~
The Flock - launched above slums map glitch 1.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 4788 times

The Flock - launched above slums map glitch 2.jpg
Standing on a rooftop I should not be able to get to?
The Flock - launched above slums map glitch 2.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
Jabokoe

Postby Jabokoe » 28 Aug 2015, 13:39

After testing in a private game with only me I found a bridge I can often jump through the bottom of. I suspect this is what launches you when you are not the host. Maybe because of latency you end up half in the bridge and get ejected with a lot of force? As a host it seems very hard to get jolted up.
The flock jump through bridge marked.jpg
Red circle is the spot I jumped through it.
The flock jump through bridge marked.jpg (78.34 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
Jabokoe

Postby Paradoxolyth » 29 Aug 2015, 17:38

It might be a Glitch. but it just made it possible for me to get on the hihger buildings of the Slumbs. it seems it works with any mesh similar to the Bridge you showed. the river in the kinda middle of the slumbs has 3 bridges in total if i remember it right. the low one. the middle one you pictured us, and the 3. broken one. if you get to the left side ( going from the center of the map) of the broken bridge and jump through it from below, you get launched so high that you can see the whole map and get on the side walls/invisible walls and meshes.
~The Seeker of Pain~
Paradoxolyth

Postby Jabokoe » 02 Oct 2015, 21:48

I just tried some stuff in Slums to see what kind of stuff changed since launch and ended up triggering this again.
It seems it is not only about getting on higher buildings. Some of the higher geometry is missing 'floor/roof' colliders so I sank into them, which allowed me to glitch under some invisible walls. I ended up pingponging into an area I believe should not be accessible. I took a screenshot...
theflock_outofbounds.jpg
Wierd sealed off area.
theflock_outofbounds.jpg (150.66 KiB) Viewed 4454 times

There are 4 sealed doors in that room (you can see one of them on the right) so this is kind of anoyying.
Jabokoe

Return to Bug Reports