So, it's been some time...

Everything regarding The Flock that doesn't belong in the other forums.

So, it's been some time...

Postby Paper Guy » 08 Jun 2015, 02:14

Hi,

I was one of the many that had participated in the closed alpha. I had decided to launch the application today to see if anything had changed since the end of November. The endless timer continues to count down, seemingly resetting every time the game is launched.

I know that the closed alpha was supposed to end after three weekends, but the final weekend's playthrough never happened. This comes as a large oddity to me due to the fact that the devs never told why the final matches were never carried out. They merely ceased communication, it would seem, following along with the death of this entire board's activity.

It has now been five months since since the last forum post was made.

I know I've presented so many arguments and why I'm looking into this eagerly, but this post mainly wraps up neatly into one final question:

Is the game dead?
Paper Guy

Re: So, it's been some time...

Postby Ziekekip » 21 Jun 2015, 14:19

Hi back,

I've got no idea how the flock is going right now. I´m friends with one of the developers on Facebook, but I think I read that he left the team. He might know more.
I´ll ask and tell you.
Ziekekip

Postby Damir Popovic » 29 Jun 2015, 12:47

Hey Paper Guy,

Let me start off by answering your most important question first.
No, the game is not dead!

The reason we have been so quiet for roughly five months is because we've been very busy making the game ready for release. We have a small group of developers working hard to polish up the game on all ends as best as we can. As Ziekekip mentioned, one of the developers has left Vogelsap to pursue his ambitions. He was our main communications guy and we have failed to pick up his work after he left.

So we hereby apologize for the lack of communication from our part. We are determined to improve on our shortcomings to keep our players informed.

As for your question about the final weekend. We have taken the time to analyse where it went wrong.
It seems that our sticky post in News and Announcements > General info had some wrong dates.
Here are the dates that were inside the code and on The Flock Closed Alpha group page:

Oktober 31, November 1, 2 and 3
November 7, 8 and 9
November 14, 15 and 16

November 21, 22, 23 were not the final dates to play The Flock. This was a mistake from our part and we will try to avoid such things in the future. As for The Flock, we are still working on it full time and will hopefully have something to show for it soon.

We hope this clears things up for you and others that had the same questions.

Kind regards,

Vogelsap!
Damir Popovic
Dev Team

Postby Paper Guy » 05 Jul 2015, 02:29

Damir Popovic wrote:Hey Paper Guy,

Let me start off by answering your most important question first.
No, the game is not dead!

The reason we have been so quiet for roughly five months is because we've been very busy making the game ready for release. We have a small group of developers working hard to polish up the game on all ends as best as we can. As Ziekekip mentioned, one of the developers has left Vogelsap to pursue his ambitions. He was our main communications guy and we have failed to pick up his work after he left.

So we hereby apologize for the lack of communication from our part. We are determined to improve on our shortcomings to keep our players informed.

As for your question about the final weekend. We have taken the time to analyse where it went wrong.
It seems that our sticky post in News and Announcements > General info had some wrong dates.
Here are the dates that were inside the code and on The Flock Closed Alpha group page:

Oktober 31, November 1, 2 and 3
November 7, 8 and 9
November 14, 15 and 16

November 21, 22, 23 were not the final dates to play The Flock. This was a mistake from our part and we will try to avoid such things in the future. As for The Flock, we are still working on it full time and will hopefully have something to show for it soon.

We hope this clears things up for you and others that had the same questions.

Kind regards,

Vogelsap!

Aww yeah!

Thanks for responding and clearing up my questions and concerns. With the current outlook on today's independent developers, it makes you look outstanding.

The alpha was too kick ass. Can't wait for updates, and more importantly, the final product. Thanks for being hard at work, and good luck with developing!
Paper Guy

Postby Ziekekip » 06 Jul 2015, 20:37

Well, today was just your luck...
Ziekekip

Postby Hreidmar1423 » 07 Jul 2015, 08:24

Glad to hear the team is still working fully on this game as it's really unique and refreshing to play!
And yeah the communication died the last week and I thought you guys abandoned project because it didn't meet your expectations or something.
Can't wait to play but I have question why only let us play for 6 days and did you consider the time for USA players?
Because 19:00 UTC means 15:00 for people in New York for example and since gameplay is only available on weekdays and not weekend many people could be at jobs or school. If all players are in Europe then ignore that lol. :)
Hreidmar1423

Postby vogelsap » 07 Jul 2015, 08:33

Hey Hreidmar1423,

Thanks for your concerns regarding the times the Beta will be running. We're aware of these possibilities and we will adapt if we're unable to gather our data within those times. Our goal is to have enough players online at the same time to test things out.
vogelsap
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion