In game chat

This is the forum for FEEDBACK & IDEAS for the game. No bugs, glitch or crash reports here.

In game chat

Postby Randomality » 26 Aug 2015, 02:18

I was playing today with a few people and we were wondering why there is no system for in game chat. This would just help to keep the game going in the aspect of finding new friends to hunt and play with in future games. The extremely short lobby times are great to get right back into the action, but we found ourselves trying to have 30 second conversations that were lacking.

Just an idea.
Randomality

Re: In game chat

Postby Paradoxolyth » 29 Aug 2015, 14:58

Randomality wrote:I was playing today with a few people and we were wondering why there is no system for in game chat. This would just help to keep the game going in the aspect of finding new friends to hunt and play with in future games. The extremely short lobby times are great to get right back into the action, but we found ourselves trying to have 30 second conversations that were lacking.

I Think for myself that's a good idea. but not a chat for the actuall Ingame ( Walking as Flock/carrier) but for th death screen in wich you wait to get back into the game. That way people cant catch people offguard and ruin the fun, and still are able to play normaly. the chat, or the words that have been posted by users should be readable in like the top left corner of the screen by pressing the button wich would allow you to chat ingame, so you can choose if you want to see the chat ingame or not.
~The Seeker of Pain~
Paradoxolyth

Postby Orgeston » 30 Aug 2015, 07:56

In game chat is a terrible idea. The anonymity of the characters is a large part of the mood, and frankly I think even seeing the usernames on the score-board is a bit much.
Orgeston

Postby lorddelta » 28 Feb 2016, 04:57

I prefer the steam chat so far.
lorddelta

Return to Feedback and ideas