Regarding the 'Auto-Petrifaction' when standing still.

This is the forum for FEEDBACK & IDEAS for the game. No bugs, glitch or crash reports here.

Regarding the 'Auto-Petrifaction' when standing still.

Postby BlueLizard » 07 Jul 2015, 18:05

Hi!

First of all, I want to say that the game has dramatically changed in a VERY positive way. There are alot of improvements made scince the alpha (I will get to that in a different post).
BUT the thing that I don't like however is that you turn in to stone automatically after standing still for about a second. I find myself often going to a high place to seek for the carrier, but then i turn into stone (without me actually wanting it ATM), making it very hard to look around freely. That's why I would like to see the option/a change were you can turn in to stone manually, by pressing the right-mouse button for example. And I think I'm not the only one...
(Let me know your opinion about this fellow beta-testers!)

Blue Lizard,
BlueLizard

Re: Regarding the 'Auto-Petrifaction' when standing still.

Postby hackman » 09 Jul 2015, 19:23

+1 for manual petrification! Or make it an option - some people may prefer careless mode (auto)
The trasition definitely feels way too fast at the moment (Beta #14, 688682), making it hard to take a short break and have a look around.
I would not mind if the physical petrification starts instantly (needed as a gameplay mechanic to be safe from carrier), but the visual effect and stiffness needs to set in a bit later.
hackman

Postby BananaScoper » 14 Jul 2015, 18:31

Yes,I do think that the time is too short and a manual petrification button would both fix this and add another level of skill,to time your petrifications and to play smart.
What's the point of these things anyway?
BananaScoper

Postby Sméagol » 21 Aug 2015, 19:56

Yeah, I posted this on the Steam forums, but it's more appropriate here. This is exactly what I want (amongst other things..).

I do like to stress that I only want manual petrification.. The other way around is perfect being automatic, in other words, going from stone to normal.. I like being able to move immediately.
Sméagol

Postby Orgeston » 30 Aug 2015, 07:48

Interesting point, if they were to implement manual petrifaction they would have to disallow petrifaction in midair. It would be too easy to plant yourself in the middle of the situation, and would nullify being more susceptible to the light when you're in mid-jump. Food for thought.
Orgeston

Postby Kinoss » 02 Sep 2015, 21:21

Personally I'd rather have a button to toggle not petrifying, instead of a button to toggle petrification.
Kinoss

Return to Feedback and ideas