Why does it take 3 weeks to paint a car? ** It's DONE! w/pic

Everything regarding The Flock that doesn't belong in the other forums.

Why does it take 3 weeks to paint a car? ** It's DONE! w/pic

Postby MichaelSmith » 21 May 2018, 14:00

Hi,

Fast forward to yesterday morning and the restoration option has won. I dropped my car off at the shop and in 3 weeks it should have a topnotch paint job once again. But why 3 weeks? I did ask my paint guy that question and honestly can't remember most of what he said. I figured there's someone here in The Lounge that's painted cars before that can tell me all about it and if not, there would be other people who would be happy to make shit up and pass that along as truth.In the meantime, I'm still a bit shell shocked by the fact that I gave my car key and a sizable down payment for the work to a guy I barely know. I mean, we do trust him and he's done paint work for us before (on my wife's Mercedes) and all, but still... This will easily be the longest I've gone without it in 4 1/2 years. I'm excited though at the prospect of the refresh. Even though it looks good in pictures, the fact is it's got dozens or even hundreds of little paint chips along the front and mirrors and plenty of other small scratches and assorted blems to be erased.

For More Details:-
Explainer Video Production Service
MichaelSmith

Return to General Discussion